Title: Advisor II, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning/System AdministratorDivision: Programs and PartnershipsLocation: Global – AmericasReporting Relationship: Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and LearningsummaryThe Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning/System Administrator will support ChildFund staff to use our Global M&E Platform and tools for programmatic monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL). This position will support Global M&E initiatives and have a keen focus on the administration and management of the M&E platform and digital tools.The M&E Advisor/System Administrator will use different methods to strengthen ChildFund’s capacity on all aspects of programmatic data systems from design to implementation (CommCare is the primary data collection tool utilized by ChildFund and Power BI is utilized for data analysis and reporting). Under the guidance of the M&E Director, the M&E Advisor/System Administrator will ensure ChildFund has accurate and timely reporting on programs and strategy. The ideal candidate will have the technical skills required for information management, experience of training staff in difficult / complex environments, and knowledge of systems and data use for MEL.The M&E Advisor/System Administrator is expected to have expertise in the use of these tools so as to be able to train, support, and guide and support MEL advisors and country office MEL specialists in their use of these tools. Additional responsibilities will include managing M&E processes and tools linked with the Global M&E Platform. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.MEL Data Collection Tools and Processes
- Design and implement CommCare applications for use in Country Offices and by local partners.
- Support the implementation of standards (meta data) to ensure standardization in reporting across countries and to facilitate aggregation and comparisons across different levels and layers as needed. Identify gaps, opportunities and strategies to create greater efficiency and standardization.
- Support the creation of data quality processes including reports and tools to ensure data integrity and to support field MEL staff monitor field data collectors.
- Negotiate modifications to standard tools or processes with key stakeholders, including Alliance Members, as necessary.
- Develop data quality control guidance and support with implementation.
- In collaboration with Assurance, Fundraising, Global Operations and IT, develop and support data quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with MEL team to update data architecture and data models for analysis as part of the Global M&E Platform.
- Coordinate working group meetings with key stakeholders (including local partners) to assess data and reporting needs and create tailored user profiles for the Global M&E Platform users.
- Create and manage data reports in PowerBi.
- Assist MEL colleagues with information management, data analysis, and knowledge sharing tasks.
- Clean datasets managed by International Office MEL staff and champion programmatic data accuracy and completeness across the organization.
- Support CO staff to ensure quality programmatic M&E data.
- Conduct data analyses to meet the needs of internal stakeholders including Global Operations, Program & Partnerships, Fundraising and Engagement and the Executive Team as required.
M&E Systems Administration
- Develop and facilitate CommCare and PowerBi trainings for ChildFund staff. Provide support to CO MEL staff as needed with reports and data management.
- Support the development of trainings related to other Global M&E Platform applications or processes as needed.
- Work closely with MEL CO Advisors to provide capacity strengthening in data management, mobile data collection tools and reporting dashboards.
- Responsible for the management of CommCare enterprise system for global M&E and the Global M&E Platform. This includes managing communications between vendors (Dimagi and BAO Systems) and ChildFund as well as communications between P&P and IT staff.
- Collaborate with the MEL Advisors on the development and management of a Global M&E Platform helpdesk, including providing effective and efficient support to country office MEL staff in CommCare and PowerBi as well as troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- 6-8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, applied research, or doing and/or managing evaluation for social change organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all elements of an M&E system: purpose, people, process, and platform.
- Capacity to design and manage mobile data collection tools using CommCare.
- Advanced computing skills for data management, analysis, visualization, and reporting, ideally in Power BI or similar analytics platforms.
- Experience using data management and manipulation languages, eg. DAX, Xpath, python, SQL.
- Proven capability to design and conduct effective technical training. Capacity to deliver trainings virtually.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with a wide range of audiences, able to translate complex information and technical detail into simple understandable language.
- Knowledge of MEAL methodologies, including result frameworks and indicators, quantitative and qualitative research, and data analysis.
- Ability to take instruction, work under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, working under pressure with grace, and meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in English, oral and written a must.
- Experience in information technology, e.g., server management or coding.
- Experience in using statistical software packages such as SPSS or R.
- Experience working with spatial data and geographic information systems (GIS).
- Knowledge of e-learning best practice and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage processes of reflection, discussion, negotiation, and collective decision-making, involving large numbers of staff across geographic locations.
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the specified country (for Global applicants) at the time of application.EOE/M/F/D/V
- An undergraduate degree in information technology, statistics, social sciences, development studies, or similarly relevant discipline.
- Preferred: A postgraduate degree in information technology, statistics, social sciences, development studies, or similarly relevant discipline.