CHILDFUND INTERNATIONALJOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Director, Global IT Operations Div/Dept: Global IT Location: IO – Richmond Office, CO-basedReports to: Chief Information Officer Job Summary: The Director, Global Operations is accountable for leading the global IT operations that positions ChildFund IT investments towards meeting its strategic business objectives and ensuring that all technology and technology projects are aligned to that roadmap through leadership and guidance across all aspects of the organization. The director achieves this objective by guaranteeing the suitability of all information solutions, and its operations, working with the business owners, vendors and stakeholders to achieve the desired business outcomes. The director assumes the ownership of IT Service Management processes, governance across the life cycle of the ITSM processes, workflow tool and ITSM audit/ compliance activities. The director serves as change agent by identifying, gaining approval, and implementing organizational improvements by leveraging expert-level business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills.Job Responsibilities:
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
- ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
- Drive, validate and maintain a roadmap to ensure that organization technology investments are aligned to support its strategic business objectives.
- Provide management oversight and/or guidance for system delivery efforts ensuring the systems are delivered to address the intended business needs.
- Ensure technology alignment by leveraging partnership with business units to influence strategies, priorities, operations, and information requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and meet new business needs through the use of technology.
- Lead the selection and/or review the selection of technologies and services to support the technology initiatives.
- Provide management oversight for the detailed design, implementation, testing, rollout, and transition of systems and system upgrades to production environment.
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to project and operations teams.
- Evaluate systems, talent and operating models to improve efficiency and mitigate against discrepancies or vulnerabilities.
- Implement programs to increase employee knowledge and skills to support future organization growth.
- Influence and align with current trends in the use of technology in the NGO domain.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the field of information technology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading global operations team across multiple time-zones and cultures in an off-shore/on-shore model.
- Experience implementing cloud and mobile based solutions at the enterprise level.
- Experience of Salesforce NPSP is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of NGO industry business processes and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of service operation management practices.
- Certification in process improvement and management frameworks such as ITIL, Agile/ Scrum, Project Management, Six Sigma desirable.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Excellent strategic thinker with ability to influence business leaders.
- Experienced with creating and implementing applicable technology standards across the organization to achieve business objectives.
- Experienced with applying process management and continuous improvement tools and techniques across the organization.
- Transformational and systems integration background and experiences.
- Ability to manage enterprise systems using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Ability to trade-off various system solutions and articulate their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Ability to work within a matrix, geographically dispersed organization.
- Expert organizational skills, excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Expert oral/written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Expert influencing, relationship, change management and interpersonal skills.
- Patient and Flexible.
- The Knowledge of Spanish, French or Portuguese will be an added advantage to this position.
Key Working Relationships: Supervisory: 8 to 10-member operations teamInternal: Members of the Global IT Department, ChildFund Senior Managers, Directors and Executives, and owners of ChildFund business systems.External: NetHope and IT leaders of other NGO’s and consortiums focused on use of IT in the Child Development.Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- This position will require occasional travel of up to 10%, including to resource poor international locations.