Job Title: Project ManagerDivision/Department: ProgramLocation: Faizabad, Uttar PradeshDuration: 1 year, 9 months (Project end date – 31 Dec 2022)Reports to: Specialist ProgramsTravel: Extensive/ As per job requirement
ChildFund is a child development organization representing the voice of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children in India regardless of their race, creed and gender, since 1951. We annually reach out to over 3 million children, youth, and their families, from 3200 communities in 85 districts across 15 states in India, through our long and short-term programs and partnerships.
The Project Manager will lead ChildFund India’s Project on “Strengthening Civil Society Organizations (CSO) Towards Fostering Women Empowerment in Eastern Uttar Pradesh”. The responsibilities include project planning, monitoring, ensuring program quality & effectiveness, providing strategic directions and guidance to implementation team & CSOs, regular progress review, documentation, establishing networking and collaboration with various stakeholders, budget control & management and donor reporting.
reports for dissemination to internal and external audiences.
- ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
- Overall implementation of the above-said project in 10 districts of Uttar Pradesh in co- ordination with local CSOs.
- Setting up & equipping the Project office, team building – support for recruitment, induction and capacity building of staff.
- Identification, assessment and finalization of CSOs for collaboration.
- Ensure smooth implementation of the project as per approved plan, meeting the compliance requirements and establishing the systems and processes.
- Managing the team and providing them the necessary guidance and support.
- Need assessment, capacity building, guidance and support to CSOs in program implementation.
- Be accountable for accomplishing the project milestones, enhance relationship and networking with other stakeholders such as government departments, agencies, NGOs, technical/ resource agencies, local authorities, elected representatives, people’s organizations etc.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual reviews with the project staff & CSOs and report on the progress with feedback for further improvement on a regular basis.
- Working closely with ChildFund India national team in program and financial management related matters.
- Support in identifying consultants & resource agencies for the project.
- Represent the organization in appropriate external forums.
- Ensure that periodic and qualitative reports are submitted as per the agreed timeline.
- Ensure that monitoring and tracking requirements are met and requisite controls are in place. Provide required feedback with corrective measures on a regular basis.
- Be responsible to collect, program/project updates, analyze information and generate
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Post graduate degree in Social Work / Rural Development / Agriculture / Management.
- At least 7 years of experience in NGO sector, of which minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in management and execution of program.
- Self-driven, result oriented and experience of managing teams.
- Strong experience in building networks and developing relations with stakeholders both government and non-government at district and state level.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building of staff and partners including training, mentoring and leadership.
- Knowledge of participatory community development approaches.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) in Hindi & English.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations.
- Be gender sensitive with strong conviction and skills for the empowerment of excluded and disadvantaged children.