CHILDFUND INTERNATIONALJOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Business Development SpecialistDivision/Department: Global Operations Location: Indonesia or the Philippines Reporting Relationship: Business Development Manager in both countries (matrix management)summaryThe Business Development Specialist will support ChildFund International’s overall grant acquisition and management strategy and is responsible for providing leadership for Grant acquisition and management within the CO. This includes strengthening staff, systems, and tools in the areas of proposal preparation, grants compliance and administration. Responsible for building CO execution capability for its grants and contracts, focusing on effective on scope, on time and on budget delivery, compliance with organizational and donor policies, procedures and regulations, as well as risk mitigation. Prepare and review CO proposals, oversight of implementation and donors’ reports submission. The Business Development Specialist will work in close coordination and collaboration with ChildFund’s Global Business Development and Grant Management Teams.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Pre-Award Grant Acquisition
- ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
Post-Award Grants Management (For COs with a post-award specialist, these responsibilities will be covered by that role)
- Assists in the development of business development plans, processes, and activities that align with ChildFund’s Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practice.
- Actively participates in the preparation of the Country Offices’ grant acquisition strategies which are aligned with the respective Country Office Country Strategic Plans.
- Continuous research and gathering of information from donors on future grant opportunities which support the strengthening of programs which are being implemented by the COs.
- Working in close coordination with the COs’ Technical Teams and under the supervision of Business Development Managers, this position ensures that the COs pre-position successfully on relevant grant funding opportunities.
- Participates in the improvement of the COs’ institutional capacity to acquire relevant grants and increase the COs’ grant portfolio.
- Leads the preparation and presentation of grant proposals and budgets and the successful submission of competitive grant proposals in collaboration with the relevant Program and Finance staff.
- Responsible for the development of communication and collateral material for grant acquisition purposes.
- Supports the integration and participation of partners in proposal development and execution
- Maintains appropriate systems and procedures to monitor compliance with donor contracts.
- Responsible for the administration of Salesforce to record grant activity from OE to initial award and finally project close-out.
- When required, prepares submission of donor required reports, liaising with internal stakeholders and as necessary with partners and ensuring all standards, requirements and deadlines are met.
- Contributes to collaboration among countries documentation, learning and sharing, and promoting further standardization on grants development.
- Supports the development and maintenance of effective relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable her/him to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- At least 5 years of experience in grants acquisition and management.
- Proven ability of articulating the organization’s core intent, strategic direction in ways that respond to donors’ expectations and requirements.
- Demonstrated capability to write and elaborate high quality project proposal for different institutional donors.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
- Knowledge of major donors’ requirements, applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Demonstrated capability in execution of various stages of the grant lifecycle including pre-award review, grant progress monitoring, and award closure.
- Proven excellent communication, networking, presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team for a successful achievement of proposal development.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- English required.
SupportThe Business Development Specialist can draw on the support of global team members in the development of his/her responsibilities. Preferably, these global team members provide input into recruitment, performance planning and evaluation. The primary global team members for this position will be:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant area required. Equivalent relevant work experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Certification from a reputable service provider in Project Management (PMP, PMD) is preferred.
- Program and Partnership: Business Development Advisor
- Program and Partnership: Global Business Development Team, Business Development Advisor
- Program and Partnership: Global Grant Management Team, Grant Management Specialist
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- The position will be based at the hired candidate location.