CHILDFUND INTERNATIONALJOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Director, PhilanthropyDiv/Dept: Fundraising and EngagementLocation: International OfficeReporting Relationship: Director, Philanthropic Partnerships, and International Fundraising SummaryDirector, Philanthropy is responsible for the oversight, planning, and implementation of a comprehensive development program that secures significant financial resources from individuals, including family foundations and legacies. Manages fundraising activities (prospect management, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) that results in overall increases in donor giving through contributions, sponsorships, planned giving and new products. Leads Philanthropy Department and works with leadership and team to establish fundraising goals and is accountable for these goals. Understands and complies with all gift-related policies and procedures and ensures ethical compliance as defined by the Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP). DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants
- Manage, mentor, and coach a direct team of 5.
- Utilizing best practices, plan and execute short and long-term strategies for securing and increasing major gifts at all levels, including the development of opportunities to solicit and secure six and seven figure gift
- Successfully cultivate, solicit, secure, and steward major and planned gifts of all levels. Manage a personal portfolio of major gift donors and prospects
- Prepare the donor base for significantly higher levels of giving in all areas of support (contributions, catalog, sponsorship and new products)
- Enhance fundraising techniques and metrics to track and monitor progress with the purpose of achieving fundraising goals, improving strategies for donor cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship
- Oversee major and planned giving cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Oversee the preparation of marketing strategies and collateral related to major and planned giving.
- Oversee the prospect identification and prospect management strategies for pipeline development, portfolio development, moves management, and all prospect development
- Work closely with the Proposals and Reporting team to identify non-sponsorship funding opportunities that match needs with donor inclination and affinity; work with Sr. Manager, Sponsorship Partnerships to identify additional sponsorship and new product offerings
- Work with Program Development and Regional leaders to ensure Philanthropy team is fluent on ChildFund programs and projects and serve as ambassadors for ChildFund to donors and prospects.
- Develop and execute strategizes designed to acquire new major donors using both internal as well as external prospect pools
- Develop and execute strategies designed to retain major and planned giving donors
- Provide regular updates regarding regional revenue projections
- Develop, Manage, and monitor the Philanthropy department budget
- Lead processes for Philanthropy operations and procedures: Update fundraising database with all relevant donor information (contact reports, proposal activity etc.)
- 10 or more years minimum work experience with successful track record in fundraising with a focus on major and planned giving including six and seven figure gifts
- 7 or more years of demonstrated management supervisory and leadership skills with experience mentoring and coaching staff.
- Extensive experience in staffing high-level leadership to position fund raising success
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising.
- Experience presenting to high level audiences
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers and leadership across different levels of the organization and externally
- Strong understanding of the interface among development, marketing, and communications
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint), and donor management software
- Skilled in budget planning and oversight
- National and international travel required
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.EOE/M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required; advanced degree preferred.