CHILDFUND INTERNATIONALJOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Program & Sponsorship Director Division: Global OperationsLocation: Pasig City, Philippines Reporting Relationship: Country Director SUMMARYResponsible for providing strategic leadership for programs and sponsorship initiatives; lead in development and implementation of strategic policies, plans and proposals, networks and partnership initiatives, tools, standards that enhance quality growth and management on all program and sponsorship activities.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
- Strategic Planning - Leads the development of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and ensures LP strategic plans alignment with the CSP; Provides strategic direction, creative inputs and capacity building on alignment and integration of sponsor relations activities and life-stage based programs.
- Project Management Technical Support - Provides continuous technical guidance to staff and local partners on project management and oversees execution of all programs (including sponsorship and grant-funded) applying project management approach, process and tools; provides support to LPs in ensuring continuous program engagement with appropriate case management strategies and drives positive experiences in the participant's transition across program models and life stages, culminating in completing an individual's and community's journey with ChildFund; manages and mitigates donor and participant risks. Decides allocation of funds (subsidy, PEF, grants, NSP) to local partners and oversees adequate use and receives reporting
- Program Model Customization - Responsible for adapting program models to local conditions, integrating sponsorship and preparing for implementation as well as providing technical support to local partners on program models.
- Program Monitoring & Evaluation - Provides leadership for establishing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems to help measure organization’s progress towards its core outcomes, monitors programs for compliance; Oversee the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality sponsorship strategies and activities that promote participation and creativity; Revision of M&E (including sponsorship performance) data and facilitates related SMT decision-making.
- Sponsorship Enrolment and Quota Management - Defines programmatic and sponsorship enrolment criteria to select deprived, excluded and vulnerable children, decide quota levels for partners, oversees building of partner capacity for enrolment processes, exercise quality control on enrolments, plan for and seek global support function (as required) to support systems updates relative to country partner portfolio shifts and planning.
- Sponsor Administration and Donor Management - Oversees adequate flow of sponsorship documentation and information from/to local partners and sponsors and donors. Assures compliance with donor requirements and provides quality and timely reporting (grants, NSP); Gifts in kind delivery and management in support of program.
- Advocacy, Partnership and External Networking - Proactive external engagement to build identify, build and nurture new and existing partner relationships to enhance program and sponsorship execution and processes for increased impact and quality. Engagement with governmental and non-governmental partners to promote advocacy agenda. Engages with ChildFund Alliance members to build support for country programs and address sponsorship issues.
- Knowledge Management, Learning and Collaboration - Facilitates collaboration among countries (including sharing of staff resources), documentation, learning and sharing and promoting further standardization on program delivery, grants and sponsorship execution; Documents & disseminates best program practices in order to promote program quality and learning; identifies needs and organizes relevant training in collaboration with HR Office for staff capacity building. Develop and/or ensure your teams develop learning and knowledge products that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products. Seek and leverage existing knowledge products in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness and ensure your teams do as well.
- Child Safeguarding - Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; providing oversight and accountability for large funded programs; resource stewardship, and cross-functional coordination.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated work experience in program management, child development or other relevant area, preferably in an international not-for-profit environment.
- Experience and understanding of community and family care issues.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Conflict management and ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward-thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution
- Proven Supervising/Management experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff, evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including English.
- Good understanding of sponsorship operations and workflows, sponsorship programming, sponsorship policies and standards.
- Experience of Resource Mobilization and External Collaboration will be preferred choice
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or similar. Equivalent relevant experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree