Title: Higher Education Specialist
Location: Country Office, Nairobi Kenya
Reporting Relationship: Chief of Party
Higher Education Specialist will cultivate and manage relationships with universities, as well as other higher education institutions (including polytechnics, technical training institutes, colleges, and vocational training centers), senior Government of Kenya officials, and development partners.
S/he will oversee curriculum revision and development and capacity development of higher education institutions.
This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding. ChildFund is recruiting on behalf of the consortium management and the incumbent will be engaged by the lead Consortium organisation- Strathmore University.
A graduate degree in a relevant field such as higher education/TVET, distance learning, youth/adult learning, curriculum development, ICT and education, international development, or other related social/behavioral sciences.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of higher education institutions, both in Kenya and the United States.
- Eight years of relevant and progressively increasing responsibility leading programs focused on research, technical training, youth development, workforce development, higher education, livelihoods, private sector engagement, or other fields related to the program with at least four of those years in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya;
- Demonstrated success working with senior higher education officials, university leadership, national ministry, development partners, and international organization partners.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Leadership in capacity development of host county higher education institutions (TVETs, colleges, polytechnics and universities).
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership and career results for women and girls.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices.